THE CORPORATE BIT
notwoways is a London based sneaker brand known for creating technical and fashion-forward footwear. We are a small, tight-knit core team that micro-manages every aspect of the product cycle globally, starting from initial design brainstorming, through offshore manufacture and inbound shipping, to online retail sale and finally through to fulfilment to customers globally.
GOOD STUFF WE ARE DOING TODAY WITHOUT YOU… AND TOMORROW WITH YOU
From a standing start in early 2020 notwoways has had a continuous run of product drops that have sold-out within minutes. We are continuously learning by doing and, having grown incredibly quickly to date, we now need your experience and expertise to oversee the global production process, ensuring that we continuous improve our production standards.
IS THIS YOU?
You’re a naturally proactive thinker, with a passion for and deep knowledge of the footwear industry and the end-to-end footwear production process. You have the ability to work under pressure and act decisively to solve any production issues or related problems. You are able to multitask and have strong project management skills being able to manage the time sensitivities of a number of simultaneous projects. You build and maintain healthy working relationships with co-workers and suppliers. You are organised and methodical with a strong attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality and continuous development of products and processes. You like working in the open, as a natural team member, notwoways about it.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with the Creative Director you will oversee the whole production process.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the production calendar, helping to coordinate the production schedule and timeline required by the business.
- Effectively manage all stages of the production process, with the ability to spot potential issues and offer prompt solutions.
- Facilitate and support an efficient prototype and sample cycle.
- Establish and manage production budgets
- Research and select materials, suppliers and producers across multiple countries.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical specification sheets. Accountable for the accuracy of for tech packs sent out to suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing and delivery with suppliers, to ensure that the production will be cost-effective
- Define and implement the quality standards and ensure the QC process is effective
- Review factory production performance, feedback on production output and identify any training needs
- Monitor the repair process and costs association.
- Strong cross-functional interaction, including design, commercial, operations and finance, to ensure there is full clarity across the organisation with regards to production status.
- Liaison between the finance department and suppliers around all finance matters.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of production experience in the footwear industry. Knowledge of sustainable materials and processes an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of existing and upcoming materials and components used within the footwear industry.
- Significant experience working with factories and suppliers, in various international locations
- Highly organised, demonstrating the ability to prioritise, manage, and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously whilst also keeping an overall view of the entire development process and progress.
- Agile, adaptable, and capable of multitasking to coordinate different projects with the design team.
- Solution orientated and resilient.
- Passionate about the product with the confidence to fully engage in the process and have an impact.
- Flexible to travel to the factory location (at least once per quarter), and also in ongoing working hours in order to effectively coordination with existing and potential suppliers and partners.
- Strong time management skills, rich experience of working in fast growth high pace entrepreneurial environments.
WHAT WOULD BE GREAT BUT ISN’T A SHOWSTOPPER:
- Experience working with consumer goods, D2C
- Experience working with 3PL providers and International shipping logistics
- International language skills
WE CAN OFFER:
- An immediate start
- A modern, Central London working environment
- Package to be commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
If you are the sort that has a cv, that's cool please send it through. If you want to tell us about yourself and why you are the best person for the job on an email then that is good as well. We would like to see your work, so please include some examples from your portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want to find the best person for the role and want the role to work for the person. We will consider and review all applications but cannot guarantee that we will feed back on all.